Friday 16 January 2009

Education results get better and better?

I see that school results are "improving" again and there are less failings schools (why we tolerate the existence of any failing schools is beyond me). But what I would like to ask is that if our students are so much better can somebody please explain to me why students in my A-level Maths class cannot add two fractions with any confidence? And let's not look at the complete lack of basic algebra skills! A-levels have already had their contents reduced (you might say "dumbed down" but I couldn't possibly comment!) but how long will it be until we have to "adjust" the syllabus once again to "reflect the changing world"? The school system is very good at meeting targets but not so good at actually educating children.

2 comments:

  1. There are a large number of schools, colleges and universities online that impart high quality education to students all over the world in a variety of career-oriented disciplines.

    Every year thousands of aspiring students register with various online career education institutes that are also called technical or vocational schools. Mostly, an online career education institute is a private or public institution that offers a variety of certifications and degrees in career-specific fields. People can opt for advanced degree or certificate, a diploma, or a two or four-year degree. Their choice depends on the career they are interested in.Online education

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite part of this is the bit which refers to my stupidity.

    ReplyDelete